[nabs-l] Increase your independence through study abroad

NCDE Clearinghouse clearinghouse at miusa.org
Fri Sep 29 17:04:21 UTC 2017

     Dear NABS,

Greetings from the National Clearinghouse on Disability and Exchange, a
Department Of State-funded project to get more blind and disabled people
to study and volunteer abroad.

If you have ever thought about international exchange, or if you have
already gone abroad, you might enjoy our latest collection of magazine
articles and podcasts featuring tips and stories about going abroad for
study or volunteer work. Take a look and let us know what you think on
Facebook Mobility International USA or on twitter @MobilityINTL.

Also, if you happen to be going to next year's convention and would like
to share about your exchange experience with fellow federationists, we
would like to talk to you. Send me an email jharford at miusa.org.

AWAY to Africa
There's a world to explore beyond Western Europe and Australia. In the
new issue of A World Awaits You, we talk to travelers with disabilities
to find out what it is about the region of Sub-Saharan Africa that is
creating a buzz of international exchange travel to and from the United
States - and why people with disabilities should take note!
http://www.miusa.org/news/2017/awayinafrica

AWAY Accesses a World of Languages
In the #AccessLanguages addition of AWAY, we share stories and good
practices to demonstrate that no student is unable to #AccessLanguages.
Meet leading language immersion exchange organizations and learn about
the best practices that they have used to ensure that all of their
students can fully participate in language learning abroad.
http://www.miusa.org/resource/booksjournal/awayaccesslanguages

Ripple Effects #LifeAfterExchange
They are from a variety of backgrounds. They have taken different career
paths, but the one thing they have in common is their international
exchange. We have an amazing lineup of interviewees this season of our
Ripple Effects podcast. Make sure to subscribe to the podcast from
iTunes and stay tuned for upcoming episodes.
http://www.miusa.org/resource/podcast/LifeAfterExchange%27

  Storytelling through Digital Postcards!

The postcards from our life after exchange campaign are looking good.
Just take a look at the latest ones that we have released and let us
know if you'd like to be featured!
http://www.miusa.org/resource/booksjournals/postcard

Cheers

Justin Harford