[NABS-L] March 2018 NABS Notes

Melissa Carney carne23m at mtholyoke.edu
Mon Apr 2 12:49:37 UTC 2018

Good afternoon NABSters,

This month flew by! Midterm season is finally coming to a close, and we are
rapidly approaching the end of the spring semester. I hope that you all
continue to thrive in and outside of the classroom. Your accomplishments
speak for themselves. Your academic life may be stressful, but make sure you
take the time to breathe, eat, sleep, and practice self-care. Allow yourself
to take a break, and feel free to read about what NABS has been up to during
the month of March. Please find the link to our online version of the NABS
notes below, followed by the notes themselves. A copy of the NABS notes is
also attached to this email for your convenience. We continuously strive to
update and improve the format and content of our monthly bulletin, so your
suggestions and recommendations are much appreciated.

http://nabslink.org/content/nabs-notes-march-2018

NABS Notes: March 2018

In this issue, you will find:

*         President's Note

*         2018 Midwest Regional Student Seminar

*         2018 NFB National Scholarship Program

*         The Kenneth Jernigan Convention Scholarship Fund

*         2018 Southeast Regional Student Seminar

*         NFB Engineering Quotient Program

*         NABS Committee Updates

*         State Updates

*         March Blog Post

*         Launch of the New NABS Facebook Group

President's Note

As spring is quickly upon us, my energy level immediately increases, as this
is my favorite time of year! Not only is the warm weather impossible to
resist (and my birthday month of April!) but milestones are met for blind
students as graduations come and difficult semesters conclude. This month, I
especially am thankful for our leaders without titles. We all see the NABS
Board and the talent and drive that vibrantly shines, but we sometimes miss
out on recognizing our new leaders and those without formal titles. This
month, I can't proceed without mentioning the work from Melissa Carney, who
worked tirelessly to compile this month's edition of our NABS Notes; Janae
Bergmeier who stepped up to the plate by ambitiously and confidently serving
as chair of our Convention Planning Committee; and Dustin Cather whose
successes are so vast, given the brief amount of time he's been with us in
NABS. These are just three of the leaders whose contributions support the
progress and overwhelming success we see every day.

With technology reshaping the way in which we communicate, I am thrilled to
announce that NABS has launched a Facebook group with the sole purpose of
catering to our members. While our email list is here to stay, the Facebook
group gives yet another outlet of communication so that we are serving as a
resource to blind students in the most optimal fashion. Read down to learn
more about how you can join us within the world of Facebook!

Finally, we are gearing up for our family reunion, taking place in just over
three months in Orlando, FL. Hotel reservations are open, as well as our
pre-registration form! While you are deciding on internships or opting to
take classes for the summer, there is always a way to make our family a
priority this summer. Throughout my undergraduate studies, I did not let
internships interfere with my Convention plans. Similarly, I did not let my
Convention plans interfere with my internships. For some, it's a
conversation with your professor or supervisor, explaining the importance of
our great gathering and your role in such events. To others, it's a formal
request off work or away from class. Either way, I am here to ensure your
presence is warranted and your experience is one you will never want to
miss. Please reach out, as I am eager to justify your attendance at our 2018
National Convention in any way I can. Stay tuned on all of the engaging
opportunities we have for you this year in Orlando!

2018 Mid-West Regional Student Seminar

What's next for you?

This year's Midwest regional student seminar will be a weekend of fun,
engagement, and information! It's all about the next step in your life,
whatever that may look like: taking a step back, learning about options, and
paving the path for your future. We will have experts from blindness
training centers, working professionals, career guidance, college
preparation, health & wellness, and so much more. This seminar gives
students an invaluable tool: the power of networking. Both Friday and
Saturday night, we will engage in activities and social events. With
students traveling from neighboring states, the interactions you'll
experience will be unlike anything else!

Who: blind and low vision students (high school and up)

When: 6PM, Friday, April 20 - 12PM, Sunday, April 22, 2018

Where: Holiday Inn O'Hare, 5615 N. Cumberland Avenue, Chicago, IL 60631

Cost: $50 for meals and registration, $109 plus tax per night

To reserve a room, call 773-693-5800. Mention NFB of Illinois to get our
special group rate!

Want roommates to cut down costs? Email  <mailto:nabs.president at gmail.com>
Kathryn Webster

WHY WAIT? Event and hotel registration is open from February 1 - March 31,
2018

<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdDvp87a-j_Yv6mpfEDmYU7dWNmg0CVDRp
GbftGwIj7goYVDg/viewform> REGISTER

Direct questions and special requests to  <mailto:nabs.president at gmail.com>
Kathryn Webster

For financial assistance, contact your affiliate president by March 20.

2018 NFB National Scholarship Program

APPLY NOW

Are you legally blind? Do you reside in the United States, the District of
Columbia, or Puerto Rico? Are you pursuing or planning to pursue a
full-time, postsecondary course of study at a U.S. institution in the
2018-2019 scholastic year? Are you available to attend the entire NFB
National Convention in Orlando, Florida  <x-apple-data-detectors://27> from
July 3-July 8, 2018? Are you eager to meet Federation leaders and network
with some of the brightest, most passionate mentors out there?

If you said yes to all of these questions, then we strongly encourage you to
apply to our 2018 National Scholarship Program! Each year, the National
Federation of the Blind gives college students the opportunity to win one of
thirty merit-based, national-level scholarships ranging in value from $3,000
to $12,000 in order to recognize the outstanding achievements of blind
scholars. All scholarships awarded are based on academic excellence,
community service, and leadership. Please visit the official website at
<https://nfb.org/scholarships> https://nfb.org/scholarships for more
information or to begin your application!

Remember: applications, along with all necessary documents, must be
submitted no later than  <x-apple-data-detectors://32> March 31, 2018. There
is still time to apply.

Here are a few words from the scholarship class of 2017:

Sophie Trist

I was proud and honored to win an NFB scholarship in 2017. This program is
worth so much more than the money you get out of it. The ability to be
mentored by and network with successful blind people is priceless. I always
believed in my ability to turn my dreams into reality, but getting the
chance to interact with so many people who have done just that inspired me
and gave me a boost of confidence. I keep in touch with a couple of my
scholarship mentors. This is an amazing opportunity, and I would encourage
everyone to apply.

Heather Simmons

Before attending the national convention, I had no idea just how generous
and helpful the NFB could be. They set up all of my travel arrangements,
covered convention costs, and paired me with professional mentors. Although
I knew that I would receive excellent networking opportunities, I did not
expect to be met with such kindness, warmth, and love. In the NFB, I found a
group of people who tirelessly use their individual talents and gifts to
improve the lives of others. I left Florida with some fancy gadgets, money
for school, new insights about issues affecting the blind community, and new
friends. The most important thing I gained, however, was confidence. My trip
to the NFB convention marked the first time I had traveled by plane on my
own. I was nervous, but I made it to the convention and back home without
encountering any disasters. I had proven to myself that I could do it, and
now I'm excited to learn what else I can do on my own as I begin to live the
life I want!

Melissa Carney

I was honored to win a national NFB scholarship in 2017. At that point in my
life, I had no idea what to expect in Orlando. I had only been a member of
the NFB for a few months. However, it didn't take to long for the true value
of this opportunity to reveal itself. From the moment, I entered the Rosen
Shingle Creek Hotel, and passed by hundreds of successful blind individuals
on my first adventure through the crowded halls, I knew that my life would
be forever changed. The NFB sparked my desire to become a more disciplined
leader and disability advocate. The scholarship program introduced me to
both friends and mentors who empowered me to step out of my comfort zone,
expand my horizons, and truly live the life I want. I am now a much more
courageous, independent, and confident individual. The scholarship committee
believed that I was ready to take on the challenge of navigating the
convention, rise above the expectations I set for myself, and conquer my
fears, and I will always be grateful for that push in the right direction.

The Kenneth Jernigan Convention Scholarship Fund

Have you always wanted to attend an NFB annual convention but have not done
so due to the lack of funds? Would you like to stay at the lovely Rosen
Shingle Creek Hotel in Orlando, Florida, take advantage of unique learning
opportunities, and network with thousands of successful blind individuals?

If yes, then we strongly encourage you to apply for a scholarship grant. The
round-trip transportation, a week of hotel lodging, and food can be a bit of
a burden on your wallet. While a grant from the Kenneth Jernigan Fund
typically ranges from $400 to $500, and cannot cover all of your convention
expenses, it can significantly defray the total cost. In addition, we
suggest that you identify an NFB member who can serve as your mentor. This
individual can provide helpful tips and tricks on how to spend your money
wisely, sort through the convention agenda, and navigate the hotel.

Eligibility Requirements:

Applicants must be active NFB members, blind or sighted, who have not yet
attended a national convention due to lack of funds.

How to apply:

1. Write a letter that includes your contact information, local NFB
information, the specific amount of money requested, and an explanation of
why this is a good investment for the NFB.

What to include:

*         Your full name and all phone numbers labeled accordingly (home,
cell, office, etc.)

*         Mailing address and email address

*         State affiliate and state president, local chapter and chapter
president (if applicable)

*         Personal convention mentor and their phone number

*         Specific monetary request and explanation, consult with other NFB
members to get a rough estimate of your necessary budget

*         How do you currently participate in the Federation?

*         Why do you want to attend a national convention?

*         What would you receive; what can you share or give?

*         Any special circumstances you hope the committee will take into
consideration

2. Contact your NFB state president in person or by phone to request his or
her help in obtaining funding. Be sure to tell the president when to expect
your email containing the request letter, and mention the application
deadline.

3. You, or a friend, must send your request letter to the state president.
He or she must add a president's recommendation and then email both letters
directly to the Kenneth Jernigan Convention Scholarship Fund Committee no
later than April 15. Make sure to give your state president enough time to
write your recommendation letter.

For more information about the Kenneth Jernigan Convention Scholarship Fund,
or to learn about the application decision details and timeline, please
visit  <https://nfb.org/images/nfb/publications/bm/bm17/bm1711/bm171119.htm>
https://nfb.org/images/nfb/publications/bm/bm17/bm1711/bm171119.htm

2018 Southeast Regional Student Seminar

More information to come!

The NFB Southeast Regional Student Seminar will take place from Friday,
August 10 to Sunday, August 12 at the Jernigan Institute. At this seminar,
students from the southeast states will sharpen their skills in advocacy,
network with fellow blind students, and gain insight and encouragement from
student and national leaders in the Federation.

NFB Engineering Quotient Program

Who: 30 blind and low-vision students currently enrolled in grades 9 through
12 in the United States

When: Sunday, July 29 to Saturday, August 4, 2018

Where: The National Federation of the Blind Jernigan Institute in Baltimore,
Maryland

Cost: No registration fees! The NFB will cover travel expenses, room, and
board for the week.

Do you have a passion for engineering? Are you interested in the field, but
are not quite sure how to navigate the logistics as a blind individual?

If so, then the NFB EQ program is a perfect fit for you. NFB EQ is a
week-long summer engineering program for blind and low-vision teenagers from
around the United States. 30 participants have the opportunity to enhance
their engineering knowledge, engage with new problem-solving skills, build
friendships, and enjoy recreational activities along the way. Blind students
will work with researchers from Utah State University and educators from the
Science Museum of Minnesota, who will facilitate hands-on activities and
connect students with highly qualified blind adult mentors. Students will
learn the spatial skills and mental mapping techniques that are all too
often left out of their education. Spatial reasoning is one of the most
significant components of engineering. As such, the blind youth who attend
NFB EQ will be able to develop and hone their skills in STEM fields,
strengthen their ability to travel independently with a white cane or guide
dog, and achieve greater overall success. "A combination of lack of
knowledge about nonvisual techniques and society's low expectations for the
blind prevents far too many blind children from developing spatial reasoning
skills and, if they desire, participating in engineering or other fields
that use these skills," said Mark A. Riccobono, President of the National
Federation of the Blind. "We have dedicated significant resources to
changing this unacceptable status quo, and we thank the National Science
Foundation and our partners at Utah State and the Science Museum of
Minnesota for helping us accelerate our progress and broaden our reach." NFB
EQ aims to create ways to conceptualize spatial thinking by implementing
nonvisual techniques to facilitate, motivate, and open pathways towards
engineering and educational goals. It goes without saying that students will
gain greater self-confidence and independence. If you are ready to embrace
adventure, then this is the program for you!

The deadline to apply is Tuesday, May 1, 2018. For more information, please
visit  <http://www.blindscience.org/nfbeq> http://www.blindscience.org/nfbeq

To apply, please visit  <https://nfb.org/eq-application>
https://nfb.org/eq-application

NABS Committee Updates

Get involved!

*         Legislative Committee

The NABS Legislative Advocacy Committee is taking on two initiatives. The
first is the implementation of the NABS Legislative Toolkit, a comprehensive
document which explains the legislative process, the importance of Aim High,
how to obtain personal testimonies and letters of support from institutions,
and so much more, in our affiliates and student divisions. The second
initiative is the update and revision of the Self-Advocacy in Higher
Education toolkit. This toolkit explains how to receive reasonable
accommodations, what to do if your school fails to comply with the law, how
to file a complaint with the Department of Education, etc. If you are
interested in helping, please contact Chair, Kenia Flores at
kenia.flores at furman.edu.

*         Fundraising Committee

Dustin Cather will be hosting a comedy showcase in Pekin, Illinois on May
12th with proceeds going towards NABS. He has 8 comedians lined up so far
and the word is buzzing in the community! The fundraising committee is
looking forward to future fundraising efforts at the national convention.
These include the walkathon, NABS Olympics, and many more! The fundraising
committee chairs will be experimenting with selling access codes for the
digital coupon app called Entertainment. We are excited about this
partnership going forward and we are considering selling these access codes
at convention as well. Finally, the 3rd annual cookbook is ready to be
ordered! Go to the NABS website at  <http://www.nabslink.org>
www.nabslink.org and order yours today! You can choose your format in
braille, E text, or large print. Get yours today for $15.

*         Outreach Committee

-        The Outreach Committee is reaching out to all student divisions
through the NABS State Liaison program to build membership outreach contact
lists. Each division is asked to collect the email addresses of all
disability services offices in their state, the email address of previous
scholarship applicants to both state and national scholarships, contacts of
rehab agencies, both government and private. Using these lists, we can
better advertise our programs and services, ultimately bringing more
students into the organization. A final reminder to switch from our Facebook
profile to follow our Facebook page, as the profile will be discontinued
come National Convention.

State Division Updates

Are you curious to see what your fellow students are up to? Please check out
the following updates from several of our proud divisions.

Please note: All text was taken directly from our state student division
leadership and not amended in any way.

*         Hawaii

The Hawaii Association of Blind Students and Recent Graduates has been hard
at work as a proud and active division of the National Federation of the
Blind of Hawaii. As part of our state affiliate, we have been working to
pass some critical legislation at the state and federal levels, as well as
opposing the ADA Education and Reform Act. We have state-level bills to end
the payment of subminimum wages to workers with disabilities, establish a
right to parent for blind persons, and ensure that the state's movement
toward exclusively mail-in elections does not reduce access to voting for
blind voters. At the federal level, we have all of our members of the House
of Representatives cosponsoring AIM HIGH, the TIME Act, and the Access
Technology Affordability Act. We have also received some cosponsors in the
Senate. Our student division members and leaders have participated in all of
the legislative hearings and decision making, and we are building
relationships with our elected officials that will last for years to come.
Congresswoman Tulsi Gabbard even issued a press release on her opposition to
the ADA Education and Reform Act, which focused on our affiliate's advocacy
efforts. Our student division knows that we are a vital part of our state
affiliate, and we are proud to build the Federation in Hawaii.

*         Massachusetts

The Massachusetts Association of Blind Students had a very successful
business meeting during our annual Massachusetts State Convention. We had a
packed agenda, which included elections.  Congratulations to new board,
President- Precious Perez, Vice President- Mohammed Elshafie, Secretary-
Melissa Carney, and board member- George Kamara. There were Representatives
from all three NFB training centers to speak about their various programs, a
NABS update, feedback on social events, and a screening of Do You Dream in
Color followed by a discussion. We look forward to continuing to build our
division and working with everyone to make this year even stronger.

*         Oklahoma

The Oklahoma Association of Blind Students at this current time has 8
members. We meet via conference call on the second Saturday of every month
at 5PM. The president Cammie Loehr can be contacted at
<mailto:cammieloehr767 at gmail.com> cammieloehr767 at gmail.com for more
information about meetings. The Oklahoma student division was able to have
two members present at NFBOK Day at the Capital in February. We spent the
day speaking to our senators and representatives about important blindness
related issues. The Oklahoma student division is gearing up for our upcoming
state convention in Tulsa, Oklahoma. In conjunction with our state
convention, we are hosting our 2nd annual regional student seminar. We are
extending invitations for students from Kansas, Arkansas and Missouri to
join us. We are very excited that we have been able to continue putting on a
student seminar. We are focusing on bringing down barriers for blind
students in science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) fields. We
were lucky enough to get Cary Supalo, a blind chemist and college professor,
to speak at our student seminar. Along with STEM sessions we will be hosting
sessions on student life, work experience, disability law, and blindness
skills training. Student seminar promises to be a blast!

*         Texas

The Texas Association of Blind students has launched two inaugural cells
located at the University of North Texas lead by Johnathan Stewart and one
at the University of Texas Austin co-lead by Syed Rizvi and Kassandra
Cardenas. The Texas Association of Blind Students is pleased to partner with
the NFB of Texas CAREER Mentoring Program, and NFB NEWSLINE Texas to bring
you the 2018 NFB of Texas Youth Conference.

Topics for this event include:

-          How to navigate various conversation topics that you might
encounter at a business or networking event.

-          The ins and outs of communicating about your blindness through
hands-on, interactive activities.

-          Networking with other blind and low-vision students from around
the state with whom you can ask questions all year long

-          Conversations about dating, intimacy, parenting, the intersection
of minority sexual/gender identities with blindness, appropriate social
norms, harassment, and how to "fit in" in a non-judgmental setting.

-          How to recognize the nuances of nonverbal communication using
alternative, nonvisual techniques.

-          How to prepare yourself for your job search and interview process
to land your dream job.

-          How to work with your university's disability services office in
a new, productive way such as requesting accommodations, communicating with
professors, obtaining accessible materials, and respectfully denying
unnecessary accommodations.

-          What it means to dress for success, develop your personal brand,
and fashionable style using non-visual techniques.

-          Assistive technology through engaging lessons from expert users.

When: April 13 - 15, 2018

Where: San Antonio, TX

Holiday Inn Market Square

For registration and more information please go to the following website:

 <https://www.nfbtx.org/events.php?id=48>
https://www.nfbtx.org/events.php?id=48

*         California

Hello fellow Federationists from the sunny golden state of California! The
California Association of Blind Students is hard at work in building
membership since that is a huge part of the Federation. We are proud to
announce that we will be hosting our first annual spring reception in
beautiful Los Angeles! The reception will take place on Saturday, April 28
from 12:00 to 3:00 pm at Shakey's Pizza, located at 935 West Arbor Vitae
Street, Inglewood, California 90301. Come enjoy a day of delicious food,
meet other blind students, and learn more about our student division. Also,
bring a fellow blind friend to our event; whoever brings a friend will have
their name thrown into a raffle and the winner will win a grand prize! Thank
you all and let's go build the Federation!

*         Arizona

Often as students we spend our days in classes, and nights until early
mornings studying for that next exam, midterm, or final exam. For a typical
student, the stress of passing the class, receiving the accommodation, or
trying to develop a work around to complete an assignment never goes away. I
am here to tell you it is that ability to stand up for yourself, advocate
for yourself, and fight for success that makes you a Federationist. This is
the message we want to deliver to students around the world. In Arizona, we
are searching for new ways to bring this fight to students and let them know
that we are not going away and we will succeed in our educational career,
professional career, and in life. In addition, we are bringing our passion
and fight to those students who will follow behind us by engaging them in
the work we do through a mentorship program. Alone we move rocks, together
we move mountains. Let's continue to build this federation together.

March Blog Post

Taking Life by the Reins

By Melissa Carney

When you think of sports, you think of soccer, football, basketball, and
baseball. You would love to participate in these sports, but you often dwell
on the accompanying accessibility issues. It can be difficult at times to
conceptualize, let alone overcome, the barriers in your path. However, there
are certain sports that automatically place you on the same playing field as
your sighted peers. Horseback riding is often portrayed as a leisurely
activity, but it requires just as much skill and athleticism as any other
sport. The only difference is that horseback riding is naturally accessible.

I began horseback riding when I was four years old. The one thing I remember
from that time of my life is the joy that consumed me every time I sat on a
horse's back. I didn't know exactly what that joy meant at the time, but it
didn't take me long to dissect its meaning. That joy was the epiphany of
freedom, the gratification of equality. As I grew older, I was told "no" or
"you can't" more times than I can count. Horseback riding was the one area
of my life where I felt that I could excel without the fear of being yanked
backwards. No one equated my visual impairment to fragility or an inability
to thrive in the saddle. For once, limitations were not imposed upon me. My
disability was an advantage; my keen sense of touch provided me with a
greater awareness of the horse's movements and my own balance. I was free to
take reasonable risks, free to fail and try again until I succeeded. I was
given the same opportunities as my sighted peers.

For the first few years, an assistant helped me guide my horse around the
arena while I learned how to balance my weight, settle into the proper
position, execute turns, ask the horse for different gaits, and all of the
other skills that were necessary to acquire. Soon enough, the assistant
stepped back upon my instructor's request. The reins, and ultimately the
control of the horse, were firmly placed in my hands. In turn, my instructor
placed her complete faith into my abilities. She had the upmost confidence
that I could be an independent rider. As such, she continued to challenge
me. She encouraged me to create and pursue my greatest aspirations.

When I was 8 years old, I began to utilize echolocation in order to navigate
indoor arenas. I no longer had to depend solely on the verbal cues of
others; I could utilize unique parts of my own skill set. I was able to
sense the area of the arena, each wall and opening, and so forth, so that I
could travel around the perimeter of the arena. Directions became a
secondary focus. My instructor was able to teach me more intensive balance
exercises and maneuvers now that I could manage the navigational aspects of
horseback riding. Blindness enhanced my mobility, rather than inhibiting it.

When I was ten years old, I ventured out on my first cross-country ride. At
first, I rode alongside my instructor through the woods. She gave me verbal
cues to take the proper turns and change the horse's gait. The footing and
terrain was much more diverse; therefore, my skills were efficiently tested.
Before too long, I began to ride with a group of other students. My
instructor focused equal amounts of attention on each of us; I was never
treated as the weak link. My friends often forgot that I was blind, and
quickly shouted last-minute warnings about low-hanging branches. I wasn't
offended by their forgetfulness; I was flattered. I was not treated like a
liability or lesser of a human being. I was treated as their equal in
equestrianism.

               My instructor taught me to jump while she taught the other
students. Everyone worked as a team to show me the correct jumping position,
problem-solve tricky situations, and cheer me on over every fence, much like
they had supported me over every metaphorical hurdle. My instructor counted
down for the jumps while my friends gave me verbal directions for steering
purposes. There were times when I made mistakes, times when I almost fell
off the horse, but I was not phased. Every false start or jolting landing
was a learning experience, a reminder of what I could improve upon in the
future.

               For the next several years, I competed in horse shows,
learned dressage, and jumped cross-country. I helped a non-profit,
therapeutic horseback riding center for students with disabilities with
their fundraising efforts by giving demonstrations and speeches about my
experiences as a blind horseback rider. I did everything in my power to show
the disabled community that exercise, teamwork, and self-satisfaction are
possible, despite the hardships they face daily. I do not agree that people
with disabilities should be sheltered or discouraged from pursuing sports.
Everyone deserves a chance to take meaningful risks, explore different
avenues of their passion, and discover the beauty of true equality.

People have told me that I am brave because I horseback ride. I don't view
my passion as an instance of bravery. My visual impairment is simply an
occasional obstacle that pushes me to work harder.  I ride for the whistle
of wind in my hair, laughter with genuine friends, and exhilaration of
completing complex tasks. I ride for the companionship between horse and
rider. I cannot drive a car or chase a silent soccer ball, but I can
participate in one of few accessible sports, which just so happens to be one
of the most rigorous forms of exercise. Life has never been easy or
predictable, between a cancer diagnosis at 2 years old, discrimination in
the classroom, and the countless obstacles that have appeared in my path.
That is why I capture every opportunity to take the reins into my own hands
whenever possible. Horseback riding enables me to find a greater sense of
freedom and peace. It takes away so many of the societal barriers that work
against me. In this space, there are no fights for equal access,
condescending tones, and low expectations. There is me, a horse, and people
who look at me as a horseback rider, not a blind person. There is nothing
more empowering than being looked at for your ability rather than your
disability. The only barriers I encounter here are literal jumps.

Launch of the Brand-New NABS Facebook Group

NABS is always seeking alternative methods of serving as a resource to our
students and providing outlets that ensure our members are building a strong
and vast network. After discussing this fabulous idea with the NABS Board,
your wish is our command. We certainly look forward to building our
organization even further through the world of Facebook!

Join our Facebook group by visiting:

 <https://m.facebook.com/groups/173482726798026>
https://m.facebook.com/groups/173482726798026

The National Association of Blind Students

A proud division of the National Federation of the Blind