[NABS-L] Staying in school until 21

Justin Williams justin.williams2 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 12:57:05 UTC 2018

No,  unless you are a certificate track, which most students on that track
shouldn't be on anyway, no.  I graduated at 18, I moved on to college.  You
grandpa is coaching you like you are in school 40 years ago, when they
thought that all disability students were dumb.  There ain't nothing wrong
with you, get your high school diploma. If you have any other disabilities,
and you need an extra year or two as an accommodation to get your work done,
that's fine, but if you can graduate at 18, and even if you can't, make sure
you get your diploma. If you are on the certificate track, that does now
qualify you for college or jobs which require a high school diploma.  If you
miss your diploma, you'll need to get a GED.  Hadley School for the Blind
has a GED course.  They've changed their name to something like Hadley
institute for the blind.  You've got to have a high school diploma or a GED
to really be competitive after high school.
 Justin