[NABS-L] Staying in school until 21

Mariya Vasileva mkvnfb94 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 18:26:01 UTC 2018

I went to a blind school in Georgia for 7 1/2 years from the middle of sixth grade all the way through 12th grade. I only did it because I had really poor grades in mathematics at that point, otherwise, every other subject was perfectly fine. However, I graduated at the age of 19. This is because I stayed back in extra year to complete the last few remaining credits of high school. I never repeated a class or grade. However, I know of a lot of students that went to that school that graduated around the age of 22 because they had other disabilities that hindered them from graduating at 18, or they were held back a few grades like everybody else. The question is for you, what grade are you currently in and how many credits do you have left to complete before graduation. That will determine how much more you need to stay. There should be no reason that you should graduate at the age of 21 just because somebody tells you to, especially when you know that you don’t have enough credits to make that possible. Like the other people have said, if the financial burdens to go to college are a concern, there are financial aid  packages that every community college and university offer that are funded through the US Department of Education along with mini grants and scholarships, and as a final resort student loans that you can always pay back once you have a stable job.

Sent from my iPhone