[NABS-L] Question about jury duty selection

Vejas Vasiliauskas alpineimagination at gmail.com
Sun Apr 22 15:38:22 UTC 2018

Hi Sami,
That was my thread.
I'm 21, and was very surprised about the fact that I hadn't been summoned until recently.
I think it is just a random selection based on people who are registered to vote.
Also, I don't think the people who summon us to jury duty have any knowledge of our disabilities. My jury duty notice only came in print, and as mail goes to my house instead of my school, my mom read it to me and gave me the relevant information. There is a number that I will be calling if I want accommodation... so I really don't think they would know about it unless you called. So asking for accommodtion is solely the responsibility of the person receiving the notice.
Also keep in mind that, as Jason said in the other thread, you can ask for an excuse. You can also have it postponed. It just so happens that my time there would be when I had just gotten out of school and before any plans I'll have away from home.
Vejas Vasiliauskas
Secretary and Treasurer of the California Association of Blind Students
Phone: 3102653949
Email: alpineimagination at gmail.com

Sent from my iPhone