[NABS-L] Tonight, 8PM Eastern, Code of Conduct Call with President Mark Riccobono

Syed Rizvi syedrizvinfb at gmail.com
Sun Apr 22 16:01:01 UTC 2018

Dear Students,

As a community we all have a mutual goal, of creating opportunity and
achieving equality. It is always prudent to have a clear path in our
mission, one that does not compromise on morals and has a sense of respect,
inclusion and responsibility.

Therefore, tonight, on April 22nd, at 8PM Eastern, we will here from the
president of our organization, President Mark Riccobono, talk about our new
Code of Conduct. We will learn about our organization’s commitment to
diversity, anti-harassment, non-discrimination and other general
principals.

I urge you all to come hear from our President to better understand our
goals and with what set of values we will embark on this mission together.

The call-in number is (712)770-5197, and the access code is 265669.

“The National Federation of the Blind is a community of members and friends
who believe in the hopes and dreams of the nation’s blind. The Federation
knows that blindness is not the characteristic that defines you or your
future. Every day we raise the expectations of blind people, because low
expectations create obstacles between blind people and our dreams. You can
live the life you want; blindness is not what holds you back. To help carry
out the Federation’s vital mission, this Code of Conduct sets forth
policies and standards that all members, especially Federation leaders, are
expected to adopt and follow.” (NFB Code of Conduct, Introduction)

Sincerely,

Syed Rizvi

2nd Vice President, National Association of Blind Students

SyedRizviNFB at GMail.com

413-250(3523)