[NABS-L] New NABS Group!

Chris Nusbaum cnusbaumnfb at gmail.com
Sun Apr 22 22:56:55 UTC 2018

It sounds to me like this group is meant to be more of an unofficial open forum for the exchange of ideas and information among NABS members. These kinds of pages and groups are common in social media, most notably in the form of the unofficial "fan pages" or Twitter accounts which fans of musicians and other celebrities have created over the years. In our own community, someone created a Facebook group about a year ago for NFB members and supporters, which I believe was called "NFB Fans." As far as I know the group was never officially endorsed by our national office, but there are quite a few members in it, though traffic has decreased in recent months. Of course official announcements from NABS would need to be sent through NABS's official communication portals, but I don't see anything wrong with another resource being out there for our members, even if it's not endorsed by the organization officially.

My two cents,

Chris Nusbaum