[NABS-L] Apple’s new patent

Aleeha Dudley blindcowgirl1993 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 00:58:28 UTC 2018

Hi,
I am concerned by this article’s tone and suggestion that a device such as this could replace a cane, dog guide, or sighted guide. Technology, no matter how advanced, should never take the place of traditional orientation and mobility tools. Take Aira, for example. While this is an awesome product that does worlds of good for people, developers themselves insist that it is no replacement for the cane or dog guide.
The article seems to be blowing this out of the water big time, and I seriously hope that Apple did not write about the product like this.
Aleeha