[NABS-L] Films and College Classes

Vejas Vasiliauskas alpineimagination at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 16:50:30 UTC 2018

Hi All,

I am going to be a junior in college next month.  My professor
for my Abnormal Psychology class has already sent me his
syllabus.  In addition to reading from the textbook, we will
sometimes be reading articles from the Internet.  There will also
be two bigger papers, one on a book and one on a film (it is a
film of choice based on a list of several, so I have not chosen
yet).  The paper will be 5 to 6 pages long.
My concern is for the film paper.
So far, I have very rarely had assignments related to films.
Most of the films I have watched in my previous classes have just
been extra supplemental material with no further requirements.
On two occasions I have had to do very short assignments with
films, I watched them with my parents who provided descriptions.
I am just concerned because the film assignment in this class is
a final paper, whereas the other assignments I have done in the
past did not carry that much weight.  I am considering asking my
professor if, rather than writing my final assignment on a film,
I can write it on another book related to abnormal psychology,
the subject concerned.
Have any of you written a final paper on a film before, and did
it work out for you? What do you all think of me asking about the
book accommodation?

Thanks,
Vejas Vasiliauskas
Secretary and Treasurer of the California Association of Blind
Students
Phone: (310) 265-3949
Email: alpineimagination at gmail.com