[NABS-L] Taking the GRE! What were your experiences studyingfor itand what was it like when you took it?

Karl Martin Adam kmaent1 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 25 20:13:32 UTC 2018

Hi Tara,

ETS (Educational Testing Services) is the company that produces
the GRE.  They have study materials on their website.  Once you
get set up with accommodations they will also send you practices
test in Braille, digital practice tests with software you can
load on your computer that is the same software you would use on
the test if you took it electronically.  That's good because you
can practice with the built in screen reader and see how it reads
math formulas.  The online study materials ETS provides also have
math written out in words in the same way that your screenreader
will read it.  I found the actual test taking quite accessible.
Unfortunately I can't help with the book.  Maybe if you have
friends in your old DSS office they would do it for you, but they
certainly have no legal obligation to do that for you.

HTH
Karl