[NABS-L] Scanning My Own Books

Justin Heard braillemasterjustin at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 02:01:07 UTC 2018

Hi there.

I am angry. I want access to a lot of books that have not been made into
EBooks through either Kindle or Nook, and I'm tired of waiting. These
aren't bestsellers, so it could be years.

What is the most reliable method for scanning my own books? I have
thought about doing this before, but when I last tried with
Kurzweil1000,  or maybe 3000, I did not have the best of luck. I was
using a flatbed scanner. I succeeded because I had read the book in a
digital format before so I caught the mistakes. I'm looking for a way
that will have a 95% success rate in recognizing text, and will allow me
to save it as a word document.

Thanks for reading this.