[NABS-L] Tabs Washington Seminar Scholarship

Jonathan Franks jfranks at nfbtx.org
Tue Dec 4 19:08:38 UTC 2018

To all of the Texas students,

Greetings students from Texas,
Just a friendly reminder that the deadline for the Tabs Washington
Seminar scholarship is fast approaching. This scholarship will provide
you an opportunity to travel to Washington D.C to work alongside
fellow Federation members to advocate to Congress about disability
rights legislation. The scholarship will cover your hotel and airfare.
We are asking you to write an essay of no more than 500 words talking
about three issues that directly affect the blind population that you
believe Congress can pass. The deadline to submit your essay is
December 12th at 11:59pm and please email them to both Harry Staley at
hstaley at nfbtx.org
and myself at
jfranks@@nfbtx.org

Good luck

Jonathan Franks BSW
Legislative and Advocacy Chairperson
Texas Association of Blind Students

expectations of blind people, because low expectations create
obstacles between blind people  and our dreams. You can live the life
you want; blindness is not what holds you back.