[NABS-L] Accessibility to the printed word in non proffet orgunizations:

Kendra Schaber redwing731 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 17:19:31 UTC 2018

Hi Ty!
 Unfortunently, with the PDFs, nearly every time I have gotten a PDF in an Email, more often than not, they have been pictures. How do I approach the PDF pictures? OCR reading apps don’t usually address this issue. As for the speakers, I have talked with the coordinators of the orgunization and am doing my best to work with them. However, I don’t have access to the guest speakers ahead of time. I don’t coordinate the guest speakers. So, how do I take care of the guest speakers? How do I sort out how to even contact them ahead of time when ten people in the orgunization are the ones who set up the chance for the speakers to attend the meetings and make their own presentations? How can I find the person who set up the guest speakers in the first place? Do I have to send out a mass Email and solve that mystery every single month? We usually have one every single month and I don’t know how far ahead they are scheduled. I’ll have to pick brains on that information. I like the Be My Eyes route. Unfortunently, I’m on SSI so how can I cover the cost of Ira when they are the best one for the job? I can’t get a lot of information on their student plan and I’ve even asked them for that information. Do you know anything about that plan?

Thank you for taking the time to read this Email!
Blessed be!!!
Kendra Schaber
Chemeketa Community College,
350 Org,
Citizen’s Climate Lobby,
National Federation of the Blind of Oregon,
Capitol Chapter,
Salem, Oregon.
Home Email:
Redwing731 at gmail.com
Chemeketa Community College Email:
Kschaber at my.Chemeketa.edu
Phone:
971-599-9991
“When the student is ready, the teacher will appear”, Author unknown.
Sent from my iPhone SE.
Sent from my Gmail Email