[NABS-L] Buttons, Cookies, and Friendship, Oh My!

rob.parso3389 at gmail.com rob.parso3389 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 27 19:02:56 UTC 2018

Hey There Hi Their Ho There

It's me, your friendly Michigan student division fundraising committee chair
back with an important reminder for all student division members to support
our efforts for Washington Seminar this coming year. As you know, the
Michigan Association of Blind Students will be in Washington, D.C.
advocating for the rights of blind students and individuals nationwide.
While we are there, representing our state affiliate and division, I would
greatly appreciate it if you all would support our fundraising efforts.

1.	Cookies: We will be selling delicious, soft-baked Grandma cookies.
The flavor is chocolate chip and for the price of $1 you can get two
cookies, a perfect snack for your time at the meetings on Monday, January
28.
2.	Washington Seminar Buttons: These collector's items are the
quintessential badge of honor that would show your participation in one of
our organization's proudest traditions. This round, 3-inch button has a blue
background, with red lettering and white outlines. Patriotic right? More
importantly, the wording of the buttons is just as inspiring . They read,
"Don't Deny, Aim High. #NFBWS19." It also comes equipped with the NFB logo.
It's a great item to have and add to the pantheon of items that make you
look back at what you've done in the organization. For $3, one of these
buttons can be yours and you can make your loved ones proud of the work you
did to advocate for our rights in the nation's capital.

Want to reserve your cookies or buttons? We've got you covered. Contact me
and place an order with me for a reserved pack of cookies or a button and I
will assure yours are held once I touch down in Washington, D.C. I promise
that I will only take a small nibble out of one of your cookies. No
seriously, any reserved cookie or button orders will be honored until 8pm on
Monday, January 28, 2019. Once that time passes, then you will be
responsible for seeking out a MiABS board member to retrieve a fundraising
item.

Not attending seminar? No problem! MiABS can reserve and ship official
Washington seminar buttons to anywhere in the country. Simply contact me at
Robert.E.Parsons at wmich.edu <mailto:Robert.E.Parsons at wmich.edu>  or
804.801.7674 and place an order with the division to secure your item. We
accept payment through Venmo. Look for our division account by typing
@MiABS-Treasury or 810.919.9975   to send us a payment for your button and
we will be sure to get it to you. Just remember to order a button soon
because they are already going fast!

Remember, the work we do as students is some of the most exciting in our
organization. All the funds generated from your hard work and support goes
to continuing to help Michigan student live the lives they want. We thank
you for your help and we look forward to connecting with you all soon.

Blessings

Robert E. Parsons Jr.

Board Member, Michigan Association of Blind Students