[NABS-L] 2018 Colorado Center for the blind summer program job announcement

Martin Becerra-Miranda martinbecerramiranda at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 2 21:40:54 UTC 2018

Gain work experience, challenge yourself and build relationships that will last a lifetime!

The Colorado Center for the Blind is now accepting applications from positive blind role models to be residential counselors and classroom instructors in our 2018 summer programs.  We offer 3 programs for students: Summer for Success College Prep Program, Earn and Learn High School Program and the Initiation to Independence Middle School Program.

Staff must be available May 29 through August 10, 2018.  Applicants must be good role models, competent in the skills of blindness, well-rounded, flexible, must possess excellent communication skills, and be willing to lead by example.  Must be excited to work with blind students ages 11 - 20.

Challenge recreation is an exciting component of the job.  Staff will go rock climbing, hiking, canoeing, white water rafting, attend martial arts classes and much more.  All staff and students will attend the week long national convention of the National Federation of the Blind.

To learn more about our summer programs, please click the following links
https://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-cl=84503534&v=6yBomtj12KU&x-yt-ts=1421914688&feature=player_embedded#t=0
http://cocenter.org/dreaming-warmer-2018-summer-programs/

If interested, please contact Martin Becerra-Miranda at 303-778-1130 x 223 or via email at mbecerra at cocenter.org