[NABS-L] Credit Cards

Zachary N. Griego-Dreicer zdreicer at gmail.com
Thu Feb 22 05:46:26 UTC 2018


Hi, in addition to what everyone has said, there is phone banking and mobile applications for most banks are accessible. You can have the details of every transaction and you can pay right from your iPhone or android or even your computer.

The National Federation of the Blind knows that blindness is not the characteristic that defines you or your future. Every day we raise the expectations of blind people, because low expectations create obstacles between blind people and our dreams. You can live the life you want; blindness is not what holds you back.
Sent from my iPhone 7 Using VoiceOver

> On Feb 21, 2018, at 20:17, Louis Maher via NABS-L <nabs-l at nfbnet.org> wrote:
> 
> Hello Justin,
> 
> While Wells Fargo will give you a credit card with Braille, other banks will not.  For those banks, use a Braille plastic tape labeling slate to put a plastic tape two to three letter label on your card.  Then, you can take a normal business card, and use a Braille plastic tape slate to put all the card information on the Business card.  Note that if you use a Braille writer to label the business card with the credit card information, the numbers will fade with time.    If you use a Braille writer on your credit card, you might damage the credit card.
> 
> Nnote that you can login to your bank, and can handle your credit card remotely.  You can see your card activity, and you can pay your credit card bill.
> 
> Using these methods, all credit cards are accessible.
> 
> Regards
> Louis Maher
> Phone: 713-444-7838
> E-mail ljmaher03 at outlook.com
> 
> -----Original Message-----
> From: NABS-L [mailto:nabs-l-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of Justin Williams via NABS-L
> Sent: Wednesday, February 21, 2018 7:12 PM
> To: 'National Association of Blind Students mailing list' <nabs-l at nfbnet.org>
> Cc: Justin Williams <justin.williams2 at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [NABS-L] Credit Cards
> 
> You can pay over the phone if you've got one with a bank, or you can set up an online bank account.  
> 
> -----Original Message-----
> From: NABS-L [mailto:nabs-l-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of Ian Perrault via NABS-L
> Sent: Wednesday, February 21, 2018 8:08 PM
> To: nabs-l at nfbnet.org
> Cc: Ian Perrault <iperrault at hotmail.com>
> Subject: [NABS-L] Credit Cards
> 
> Hi,
> How do you handle credit cards? I hear that they mail you paper bills. How do you see the transactions? How do you pay each month? I have a credit card, but want to make sure that it's totally accessible before using it.
> Ian
> _______________________________________________
> NABS-L mailing list
> NABS-L at nfbnet.org
> https://nam03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fnfbnet.org%2Fmailman%2Flistinfo%2Fnabs-l_nfbnet.org&data=02%7C01%7C%7C09b6f085ea994897387e08d57991d6fb%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C636548589627249861&sdata=ufECi9NAIsawRaDKtGvNSz2CreE9qEcscz9J%2B3zwlQY%3D&reserved=0
> To unsubscribe, change your list options or get your account info for
> NABS-L:
> https://nam03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fnfbnet.org%2Fmailman%2Foptions%2Fnabs-l_nfbnet.org%2Fjustin.williams2%2540gmail&data=02%7C01%7C%7C09b6f085ea994897387e08d57991d6fb%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C636548589627249861&sdata=S%2F9%2F5jua4APk984rMpHv6kJmL%2ByFzbdwYiCMmPyn2Ls%3D&reserved=0
> .com
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> NABS-L mailing list
> NABS-L at nfbnet.org
> https://nam03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fnfbnet.org%2Fmailman%2Flistinfo%2Fnabs-l_nfbnet.org&data=02%7C01%7C%7C09b6f085ea994897387e08d57991d6fb%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C636548589627249861&sdata=ufECi9NAIsawRaDKtGvNSz2CreE9qEcscz9J%2B3zwlQY%3D&reserved=0
> To unsubscribe, change your list options or get your account info for NABS-L:
> https://nam03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fnfbnet.org%2Fmailman%2Foptions%2Fnabs-l_nfbnet.org%2Fljmaher03%2540outlook.com&data=02%7C01%7C%7C09b6f085ea994897387e08d57991d6fb%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C636548589627249861&sdata=TQwyqk3J6Y7FBoKXF4b3Z7KKk%2BxZHW1yZHelKK14EtI%3D&reserved=0
> 
> _______________________________________________
> NABS-L mailing list
> NABS-L at nfbnet.org
> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/listinfo/nabs-l_nfbnet.org
> To unsubscribe, change your list options or get your account info for NABS-L:
> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nabs-l_nfbnet.org/zdreicer%40gmail.com



More information about the NABS-L mailing list