[NABS-L] Is Braille Overrated?

Kelly yllekann at gmail.com
Wed Jan 17 16:03:43 UTC 2018

Roanna,
     I am definitaly with you on this one!  It is vital that every blind child be exposed to braille.  How much the child chooses to use it is another matter, but every child deserves exposure.  I, for one, prefer braille over print and audio, even though I could use both in a pinch.  Print is painfully slow and audio just doesn't allow for active reading.  Plus, parts of the brain responsible for reading and writing will never fully develop without some way to actively read.  It certainly depends on the student, but I would be lost without braille.

Have a great day!
Kelly