[NABS-L] Is Braille Overrated?

Sarah Jevnikar sarah.jevnikar at gmail.com
Wed Jan 17 18:03:43 UTC 2018

I'm so bored of this debate! Braille is a tool like any other: necessary in
the beginning but one of many later on. Why do people still feel the need to
say it's useless?

Though truthfully I didn't see exactly how important it was until I met an
eight-year-old who used more audio than Braille and was functionally
illiterate... That reinforced to me why it's so critical.

Sarah