[NABS-L] Learning Braille as a Young Adult

Sandra Gayer sandragayer7 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 7 10:49:10 UTC 2018

Hello  Rahul, My name is sandra and I teach Braille, (literary Braille
and Braille Music). I use Skype as I live in Europe and the majority
of my students are in America.

Practice is one element of speeding up. Another technique is
memorising, (using short term memory):

Reading two lines before speaking, speaking the first line and holding
the second line in your mind whilst reading the next line. Then you
have three lines
running and keep that gap going while you read. It isn't just a case
of reading faster but digesting the information faster as well. My
personal best is a paragraph difference between speech,memory and
reading to be memorised.

My email address is sandragayer7 at gmail.com if you want to chat off list.

I hope some of this is helpful to you.
Very best wishes,