[NABS-L] Aira in academics, again

Cricket X. Bidleman cricketbidleman at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 23:50:44 UTC 2018

Another use would be that AIRA can log onto TeamTalk and tell you what
website elements look like on a page etc. This would be incredibly
valuable here. There's a computer science course here at Stanford that
uses a thing to teach people the basics of programming. Only problem?
It's basically that you have to program a bot to move around the
screen and perform various actions. For blind people, it's a lot
harder because the part where you watch the bot to make sure it's
doing what it's supposed to is thoroughly inaccessible. If AIRA could
log onto TeamTalk and watch and narrate, which they can, assignments
and projects like that become much easier much more quickly. They can
also help you design resumés and official work documents etc. I sent
another email on this list on this thread that I don't think went
through so I'll send it again. Thanks!

Best,
Cricket X. Bidleman (she/her/hers)
Stanford University | Class of 2021