[NABS-L] Fwd: Aira in academics, again

Valerie Gibson valandkayla at gmail.com
Fri Jul 27 02:43:23 UTC 2018

Hi,
  Yes, I will be compiling this list for my accessibility coordinator at my university.

  I’m currently in the elementary ed program, and when I began using Aira for looking at second grade work, my professors got excited that it was like I had a pair of eyes in the room whenever I needed them.  It also helps, of course, that the agents have to sign a privacy statement to not disclose anything that happens on a call … for the children’s safety and privacy.

  When I was in a meeting with my access center, I showed them the aira device and explained how it worked. The chair of the Ed department and my professor were there as well because we were discussing next semester, and when I mentioned how universities could have site access with Aira, the chair of the department and my professor immediately jumped on talking how beneficial this could be for all students.
  My coordinator spoke with this supervisor, meetings were had, calls were made, and now he wants a list from students on various way that students are already using this so he can argue paying for it on campus.

There’s the long version.
Valerie Gibson
valandkayla at gmail.com