[NABS-L] Community service division events at convention

Janae Burgmeier janae.burgmeier at gmail.com
Sun Jun 10 16:47:27 UTC 2018

I know we are all going stir crazy over the agendas release so here are some events the community service division is doing if you want to get them marked down ahead of time.

On Tuesday, July 3 at 9:00 AM, we will have our fourth annual service project. This year we will partner with the Coalition for the Homeless in Orlando to feed homeless Orlando residents. Together we will share our Federation love with members of our community. Meet us in the lobby at 8:00am if you would like to join us. We will all be carpooling via uber/lyft to the Volunteer site. Please contact Janae at janae.burgmeier at gmail.com if you have questions.

On July 5 at 6:30 PM, we will hold our business meeting. Come join us as we explore “Empowerment through Community service.  Be a part of the discussion, and turn unspoken doubts into realized hopes. Registration is $5

On July 6 at 9:00 PM, join us for  trivia night. Bring your chapter, bring your friends, and enjoy an evening full of fun, diverse and challenging questions, and of course, a cash bar! Admission is $5

On July 7 at 6:00 PM, will be our post-program meeting and brainstorm session. Join the board for a gathering where you can meet the new board and share ideas to help the division grow. What programs would you like us to explore? What activities would you like to see more of? What role do you want to have in strengthening this division?

Finally, because we do live in the age of social media, don’t forget  the NFB hashtag for convention is #NFB18, and the NFBCSD hashtag is #EmpoweredToServe.