[NABS-L] taking notes at college

Sarah Jevnikar sarah.jevnikar at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 17:14:16 UTC 2018

Hi There,
I go all-Braille for my notes in class. I use a Pac Mate Omni with the speech muted and type either in contracted or uncontracted Braille (I use the latter for French and math). I transfer my notes to my PC for sharing or editing, but start with the notetaker. I'm not sure if this would help you, if you're worried about notetaking speed. I have used an app called Smartrecord on my iPhone to record lectures for later review, but I often found relistening to lectures to get better notes was a tedious process. I hope you've found some tips here helpful. All the best in your studies!
Sarah

On Jun 17, 2018, at 10:09 PM, Mariya Vasileva via NABS-L <nabs-l at nfbnet.org> wrote:

I use an IPad with VoiceOver and a bluetooth keyboard to take class notes in a Pages document specific to the course in question. I turn VO down to the lowest volume so as not to disturb others, and I type as I listen to the lecture.

Sent from my iPhone