[NABS-L] College Major Help

Vejas Vasiliauskas alpineimagination at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 16:06:32 UTC 2018

Hi All,
I've just finished my sophomore year of college.  So far, I've
really enjoyed my experience.
I am part of the College of Liberal Arts, which encompasses most
of the non-STEM subjects such as English, history and psychology.
When I first began my freshman year, I declared an English major,
and was hoping at the time to become an English professor.
However, now my focus has changed, and I am narrowing down
between two options: VI teacher and rehabilitation counsellor.
My school does not have specialized programs for either of these
(understandably, considering that I'm now the only blind student
attending), but I have heard that you can still finish an
undergraduate in another major before getting a Master's in
either of these at another school.  I anticipate that I will
probably need to change my major from English if I want to
continue at my current school, but I'm not sure of this, nor am I
sure which major to swieatch to.  If anyone could help in regards
to the appropriate undergraduate major, I'd really appreciate it.
Thanks,
Vejas