[NABS-L] Summer classes clashing with convention

steve.jacobson at visi.com steve.jacobson at visi.com
Tue Mar 13 17:46:18 UTC 2018

Shikha,

Since I commented on this on our Human Services list, I wanted to post them
here as well.

While I would agree with the importance of attending class, you should
really check to
see what the schedule is like given the Fourth of July holiday.  There may
be extra days off.  Also, there is a lot about going to the convention that
is not covered by listening to the stream.  Sometimes, one can even get some
credit for attending the convention if one works with a professor.  You
could even check to see if there is the ability to attend classes remotely.
Having said all this, though, one should not risk failing a course because
of choosing to miss classes.

Best regards,

Steve Jacobson