[NABS-L] Choosing a Laptop

Littlefield, Tyler tyler at tysdomain.com
Sat Mar 17 16:47:30 UTC 2018

If you've never used a mac don't get one now. voiceover is totally
different from what you're used to.

On 3/17/2018 12:32 PM, Lanie Molinar via NABS-L wrote:
> I just haven't been sure about that. I've never used an Apple device,
> and I have an Android phone and a Chromebook. I'm not sure how a Mac
> would fit with those two.
>

> On 3/17/2018 11:13 AM, Emma Mitchell via NABS-L wrote:
>> A Mac might be an option for you.
>> Emma
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone
>>
>>> On Mar 17, 2018, at 12:00 PM, Lanie Molinar via NABS-L
>>> <nabs-l at nfbnet.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi, everyone. This is Lanie Molinar. I'm sending this to a lot of
>>> lists at once. Some are tech-related, some are related to software
>>> development, and some are for students. I might have to get a new
>>> laptop soon and have a few questions. First, let me give you a
>>> little background info to help you understand what I'm looking for.
>>> I'm a college student getting a degree in Software Engineering, so
>>> I'll be working with code and developing things. I also have several
>>> disabilities and health issues in addition to my blindness, so I
>>> can't do much physically and spend a lot of my day on the computer
>>> doing schoolwork, taking surveys for extra money, gaming, and doing
>>> lots of other stuff. I'm fairly sure that I want a computer with
>>> Windows 10, not a Mac, although I'm willing to look into a Mac if
>>> that seems better. I would also be happy with something running
>>> Linux. I definitely want something new, not used, with plenty of
>>> RAM. There are so many options that I'm just not sure what to look

--

Take Care,
Tyler Littlefield

Tyler Littlefield Consulting: website development and business
solutions. <http://tylerlittlefield.me> My personal site
<http://tysdomain.com> My Linkedin
<https://www.linkedin.com/in/ty-lerlittlefield> @Sorressean on Twitter
<http://twitter.com/sorressean>