[NABS-L] Question about jury duty selection

Kendra Schaber redwing731 at gmail.com
Wed May 9 01:54:49 UTC 2018

		Hi all!  I was selected to attend Jury Duty last May. When the date I was suposed to attend jury duty came up, I was promptly dismissed, not because of being blind. Nope!!! They wound up not having any cases that required a jury to attend on the day that I was picked for. I didn’t even have to go to the court room. They dismissed everyone for that day. I haven’t been summined since. From this experience, I’d say that the jury selection is totally randem. If you get the autimatic dismissal like I did, you don’t have to do anything. But make sure that you check in the night before your jury duty date!!! They’ll inform you what’s going on the following day. That’s how I found out about the autimatic dismissal. Just because I got that dismissal, it doesn’t mean that you’ll also get one. You won’t know that until the night before the date of duty.

		Thank you for taking the time to read this E Mail! Blessed Be!!! Kendra Schaber,  Climatology Student,  Chemeketa Community College,  Citizen’s Climate Lobby,National Federation of the Blind, Capitol Chapter, “When the student is ready, the teacher will appear” Author Unknown.  Sent From My iPhone,  Sent From My Gmail Email, Get Outlook for iOS

On Tue, May 8, 2018 at 6:45 PM -0700, "Ashley Bramlett via NABS-L" <nabs-l at nfbnet.org> wrote:

hello,

I think you are right, Vejas.
I was not summoned till I was around 30.
I think its random and they do not have knowledge of your disability; my
notice was also in print as was yours.
I did not end up serving since my number was not called to report for
possible duty.

I suspect if I was to report for duty though, they might exempt me because I
cannot see videos and other visual evidence well.
I hope you get to serve though.

Ashley