[NABS-L] Volkswagen Future Center Summer Internship

Lewis, Anil ALewis at nfb.org
Thu May 17 13:28:37 UTC 2018

Location: Future Center California (Belmont, CA)
Duration: 3-6 Months
Requirements: Currently pursuing or have received a Bachelors or Masters degree in a relevant field
Our team is highly interdisciplinary and our backgrounds include User Research, Human Computer Interaction, Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, Psychology, and Human Centered Design among others.  We'd love to hear about your background and which aspects of mobility interest you.
The future of mobility will generate groundbreaking transportation solutions around the world. We are looking for creative thinkers who are motivated to identify and define new mobility solutions which will reflect our current and future society. We see Volkswagen Group as a champion for mobility, freedom, and independence for all.
Our Mission:
To inspire, decode, prototype, and create new mobility concepts for all people with best in class customer interface and experience, combined with groundbreaking interior and exterior experience.
Who We Are:
We are an Advanced User Experience Studio focusing on mobility solutions for 2020 and beyond.  Along with our Design studio teammates, we are one of three international Future Centers with Volkswagen Group.  The Volkswagen Group comprises twelve brands: Volkswagen Passenger Cars, Audi, SEAT, ŠKODA, Bentley, Bugatti, Lamborghini, Porsche, Ducati, Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles, Scania, and MAN.  We do not work for specific brands but instead think about trends, opportunities, and white spaces for the Group as a whole.
As a global team, we work closely with Volkswagen Future Center Europe and Future Center Asia. Our new facility is equipped with the latest highly qualified CAD/VR technology and workspace (and we're always looking for new toys!). We're located in Volkswagen Group of America's Silicon Valley campus along with Volkswagen Electronic Research Lab.  In addition to teams throughout our company, we collaborate with local startups, external companies, and universities.

Disclaimer