[NABS-L] Getting Acclimated to a College Campus

Amy Sabo amieelsabo at gmail.com
Tue May 22 02:04:12 UTC 2018

hello Emmanuel and all,

first of all congratulations on attending college for the first time.
when I began my college experience in Michigan I asked the commission
for the blind in Michigan to give me om training of the campus even
though it was only a community college but, she refused for some
reason. so, I had to find it all on my own with my cane and asking
many questions and, I did get lost too because of it but, it built up
my confidence as a blind person. but, when I attended college in
Colorado I asked student life to give me a tour which they usually did
this for many students who were new to the aururia campus even though
at that time it was only a nonresidential campus like it is a
residential campus as it is as of today. I remembered most of the
campus but, I did get lost a few times but, with the help of asking
many questions I remembered the lay of the land soon.

so, ask your director or someone in the student life office to see if
they offer tours of the college campus or also ask the dean or the
advisior of your degree or school or college of which your degree is
through atre all both good resources to connect besides the dss office
or the dvr area.

thanks again for your advice and, I will talk to you soon!

hugs,
amy