[NABS-L] Next steps in getting funding from VR
mausam.mehta00 at gmail.com
Tue May 22 21:30:42 UTC 2018
I went through a very similar situation last summer, when I was trying to attend the CCB summer program. I know the process of justification is long and arduous, and honestly extremely frustrating.
I do not believe VR has any timeline regarding decisions, since generally they filter all the way to the state supervisors and that can take anywhere from weeks to months. From my experience, the reason they tend to disagree is because they believe that the training program in your state can provide you with a comparable experience for a fraction of the cost, hence the rigorous and detailed justification for an out of state program.
While you're waiting for word from your agency, maybe consider contacting various organizations in your area who might assist you with some of the funding??? I know that sounds a little far-fetched, but I suppose every little bit counts. Additionally, if you haven't already, contact the center and let them know about your situation. It's always good to have the source in your corner.
Best of luck to you. Fight through, and remember that you have very good reasons for wanting to attend an NFB training center, and VR shouldn't be able to convince you otherwise. Feel free to contact me off list if I can help in any way. I also graduated high school this year!!!
> On May 22, 2018, at 5:09 PM, Mikayla Gephart via NABS-L <nabs-l at nfbnet.org> wrote:
> Hi all,
> I am still working on getting funding to attend CCB. Thank you for your help with the Justification Letter. My VR counselor emailed me on May 7th, stating that she submitted all the required paperwork to management and that she would let me know when they made a decision. As of last Tuesday, May 15th, she was sending her supervisors additional information they requested. I have still not heard anything. I know that in the IEP process, there are timelines for evaluations and processes that must be followed. Does anyone know if VR has similar timelines in which they have to give me a decision?
> By the way, I had been hoping to have my funding secured by the time I graduate high school, June 11th, so I could go into the summer knowing I would be starting in September. Now, I am just hoping I don’t get denied and have the process prolonged even more.
> Thank you,
> NABS-L mailing list
> NABS-L at nfbnet.org
> To unsubscribe, change your list options or get your account info for NABS-L:
More information about the NABS-L