[NABS-L] Nonacademic support in college

Roger Newell inscriptioelectronicaaustralia at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 09:29:18 UTC 2018

As blindness does not impose limitations on learning to shop, cook and
stay organized, I cannot see any issues with this.

I understand you are from a developing country where blind people can
expect to receive support in these non-academic skills, but in
developed countries, blind people would be taught how these skills in
the course of their education through their teacher of the visually
impaired, and I would argue that blind people who have not learned
these skills should learn them before going to university as
non-academic skills are just as important as academic skills in
employment. You may have all the credentials in the world, but not
being able to care for yourself will limit you as employers may see
you as a liability.