[NABS-L] struggling in math classes

Ahbee Orton ahbeeorton at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 14 01:42:27 UTC 2018

Hi Maura,

  I have gone through some tough math classes, some tough science classes, and now AP Economics, so I understand some of your struggle. For me, I did multiple things to understand concepts. I read a Brailled paper copy ofa textbook with all or most of the concepts in it. I'm a visual learner, so this truly made a difference for me. I could touch the graphs, diagrams, and charts.
  Next, I would suggest directly talking to your teacher, just like it has been mentioned before. I go see my teacherggs′ during his or her planning and/or during my lunch hour. He or she can also utilize the Sensational Drawing Board and/or a Draftsman and/or an InTact drawing board. All of these tools have made life in graphic based classes so helpful!
  Now, one year, I also used a board that you can get ′I think from APH but not completely certain′ that has nuxbers, math symbols, and letters that are magnetic and that can be moved around on a board. This allowed the teacher and I to work together and see what we were doing in a horizontal or vertical format, depending on the concept and how it should be presented.
I hope these ideas help!

Blessings,
Ahbee
“Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.”
1 Corinthians 13:4-7 NIV