[NABS-L] Accessible Japanese Textbooks

Carly Mihalakis carlymih at comcast.net
Tue Oct 2 04:00:56 UTC 2018

Evening, Allana,

In high school, I studied nihongo (Japanese language) and was so
moved to persu an understanding of reading nihongo tenji (Japanese
braille  code) and ended up getting some blind  outfit there in Japan
to give this little book written in braille (tenji) to some friends
whom have connections there. Due to some changes in my physiology, I
do not actually read braille anymore but know how to form the
caracters using the familiar dot patterns. I would love to write a
description of a, i, u, e, o, the syllable chart for writing hiragana
and katakana. Essentially, the kanjis(Japanese caracters) are
expressed in syllables called hiragana and katakana. This all sounds
really confusing if you know nothing. Please call sometime and we
might discuss it?