[NABS-L] [nabs-l] reliable transportation for employment and Skype interviews

Danielle Sykora dsykora29 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 02:49:49 UTC 2018

Hi everyone,
I am wondering if anyone has worked part time as a student, gotten a temporary entry level job soon after graduation, or something similar while living in a rural area with limited transportation? Has anyone had any experience with hiring a private driver? I currently live literally in the middle of nowhere and there isn’t any public transportation, para transit, or reliable ride share services that come within several miles.  I of course plan on moving to somewhere that is at least a bit closer to civilization once I either get a permanent full-time job or get excepted to grad school; however, in the mean time it would be greatly beneficial to get a part-time job or internship.  I just can’t figure out a reliable way to get there.

Also, for those who have had interviews over Skype or similar methods of communication, how and when did you disclose your disability? Obviously in an in person interview, the person conducting the interview would probably figure out you were visually impaired right away due to the presence of your cane or guide dog. But Skype is of course totally different.

Danielle

Sent from my iPhone