[NABS-L] Looking for some Advocacy Assistance

Ben Fulton bluezinfandel at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 11 13:54:19 UTC 2018

Hi Elizabeth,

I'm not sure if your school has an Ombudsperson.

I had a situation in University, with a professor who had not provided a crucial part of the exam in an accessible format. It was a logic class, and the rules we were allowed to use were printed on a sheet provided to other students.
Not having this sheet I used something known in logic as Modis Tollens, but it is a rule that we were not allowed on the exam, and I lost 10 points out of 30 on an exam worth 30% of the course, so basically 10% of the overall course.

The ombudsperson was very helpful at being a liason between me and the professor. This may be helpful, especially considering the difficulties you are facing with that professor.

In the end I had to rewrite the entire exam, but it made more that a letter grade worth of difference.

Hope this helps,
Ben