[NABS-L] Joining a Service Corps After College Graduation

Vejas Vasiliauskas alpineimagination at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 20:57:30 UTC 2018

Hi All,
I'm a junior in college. We had a career fair today, and there are several service corps opportunities one can do after graduation. Two in particular are of interest: Teach for America, a two-year paid program, and an 11-month service opportunity specifically aimed at these who just graduated my school, which is a Catholic institution.
They sound like amazing opportunities. I was wondering if anyone any experience with joining a service corps after graduation, and whether they needed to convince the Department of Rehab that this is a great experience for them.

Thanks,
Vejas Vasiliauskas
Secretary and Treasurer of the California Association of Blind Students
Phone: (310) 265-3949
Email: alpineimagination at gmail.com