[NABS-L] Using online dating apps and putting oneself out there

Mariya Vasileva mkvnfb94 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 21 16:20:05 UTC 2019

I absolutely agree with Camille if I’m not mistaken, who wrote the email about how dating traditionally is supposed to be a person to person kind of meeting, seen as you don’t know who this person may be and what they may be like. However, I also agree that the online version of it is another alternative if transportation or other things can be a beast to make that a personal contact session. I have a profile on OkCupid, and I have explicitly disclosed the fact that I am blind without any hesitation, and I’ve had it both ways. I’ve had people ask me about it and become interested in it for their own knowledge, while others would either send really stupid questions which are only one or two so far, or they would un-match because of maybe something that I said or other factors that I’m not aware of, but some people may think that blindness may be the reason. You never know.

Sent from my iPhone