[NABS-L] National scholarship and undecided about major

trishak.nfb at gmail.com trishak.nfb at gmail.com
Fri Dec 27 23:10:40 UTC 2019

Hi Mikayla,

So happy to hear you are applying to the national scholarship program! I was a finalist the summer after I graduated high school and had similar concerns about putting a major down that I was not 100% sold on. That being said, the committee is very understanding that career interests and goals change a lot throughout the course of college.

If you are worried about saying that you are undecided, I would say to put the most promising choice you have right now. There will be no consequences if that changes in the future. That being said, it is equally viable to put your top couple choices. I would not recommend simply saying that you are undecided though without any other context as the committee is mostly trying to get a sense of who you are as a person.
Hope this helps and good luck!

All the Best,
Trisha Kulkarni
Board Member | National Association of Blind Students
A Proud Division of the National Federation of the Blind
Trishak.nfb at gmail.com
www.nabslink.org