[NABS-L] PDF Conversion on the Mac

Chris Nusbaum cnusbaumnfb at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 04:59:04 UTC 2019

Hi Seyoon:

Here's another RoboBraille tip which might be helpful to you. Most of the time, I use RoboBraille's email feature when I need something converted. All you have to do is send an email to convert at robobraille.org with the unconverted file attached, and write in the subject line the format you want your file to be converted to. For emample, you might attach a PDF file and put "DOCX" in the subject line. Within a few minutes you will receive an email with the  converted file. Hope this helps!

Chris Nusbaum

> On Feb 6, 2019, at 8:02 PM, Seyoon Choi via NABS-L <nabs-l at nfbnet.org> wrote:
>
> Thanks! Just bookmarked the site on my Safari and could guaranty you that I’ll be using it a lot. The conversion process was fast and easy. My only problem is that the converted word doc has an odd foreign languages in them for whatever reason or it seems like it since the voice converts to them. Not sure if this is a flaw or a glitch but overall very content with its outcome.
> Oh and nothing is ever perfect so there is that.
>
> Thanks, :)
> Seyoon
>
>> On Feb 6, 2019, at 6:47 PM, Cassandra Damstra via NABS-L <nabs-l at nfbnet.org> wrote:
>>
>> https://robobraille.org/
>>
>> is an amazing conversion website that can convert to so many different
>> formats. Hope this helps!
>>
>> Sincerely,
>> Cassandra Damstra
>>
>> On Wed, 6 Feb 2019 at 19:40, Seyoon Choi via NABS-L <nabs-l at nfbnet.org>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Greetings nabsters,
>>> Perhaps this was brought up in the past so my apologies in advance for
>>> bringing this convo back in a new thread. I have a PDF Doc of national
>>> honor society application that I need to fill out and am looking for ways
>>> to convert this into a word document, preferably with its formatting and
>>> overall contents/structures of the document intact. I can confirm that at
>>> least the document is an accessible, electronic PDF instead of a scanned
>>> image, thank goodness!! I’m on a Mac and have both iWork and Microsoft
>>> Office 365 sweets installed, so lots of word processing flexibility there.
>>> Any suggestions are welcome by the way, so please feel free to reply with
>>> whatever you think I should attempt.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Seyoon,