[NABS-L] Accessible digital recorder?

Ignasi Cambra ignasicambra at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 18:49:46 UTC 2019

Hello,
I understand they are asking you to buy a recorder separate from your phone, but these days I find that to be extremely inefficient as a blind person. No matter how many buttons the recorder has it’s going to be very difficult for you to organize your recordings, rename them etc. If it’s absolutely necessary for your recorder to be independent from your phone you could purchase an iPod touch and use one of the many recording accessories available, which are equal (if not better) to any of the recorders you are talking about.
I can recommend the Zoom IQ7 and the Sure NV88+, and the Sennheiser Ambeo Smart headset is really great if you are into that kind of thing.. there are other options available at different price points but I won’t get into all of them now. On iOS there are several apps that will allow you to record both in compressed and on compressed formats. As a journalist I could see you using things like Hokusai or Ferrite, or a cheaper, less feature rich alternative called just Press Record. This kind of set up will always be a lot more flexible than using a recorder with a display on it which you won’t be able to read.
Hope that helps,

IC

Sent from my iPhone