[NABS-L] Mi-ABS Challenges You!

rob.parso3389 at gmail.com rob.parso3389 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 14:23:17 UTC 2019

Howdy Nabsters

As many of us begin our journey back to academia, I know that some of us
wishes that break was not over. I am here to tell you that I feel your pain.
The life of laying around binge watching Fairy Tail and Dragon Ball Super
are now over for me, but there is one thing that I am looking forward to. If
you guessed it's being able to catch up with you guys at Washington Seminar
in two weeks, then you are mind readers. However, I have a challenge for all
of you. If you all are up for the challenge, then I will promise you a bunch
of laughs the next time we link up, whether it be at convention seminar, or
even at a random KFC that I frequent.

Challenge: Support the Michigan Association of Blind Students at seminar
with our button or cookie fundraiser.

Details: Mi-ABS is fundraising two incredible items at seminar. First, we
are fundraising official Washington Seminar buttons. The buttons are about
2-inches in circumference, they are blue, with red lettering and white
outlines. It is the perfect way to be both patriotic and loyal to your
fellow students. The buttons have the official NFB logo on it, our 2019
Washington Seminar hashtag, and the traditional "Don't deny, aim high,"
message. Yes, we are in the age of Disability One, but we kept the mantra
because it has the HR 1772 spirit. The buttons cost $3 each. We are also
fundraising delicious chocolate chip cookies. They are soft baked and ready
for consumption after purchase. You can buy two chocolate chip cookies for
$1.

How to Meet the Challenge: There are a few ways to meet the Mi-ABS
challenge.

1.	Find a Mi-ABS member at Washington Seminar and buy buttons, cookies,
or both.
2.	Preorder your cookies or buttons for reservation and delivery at
Seminar. If you use Venmo, Mi-ABS has a great option for you. Use the handle
@MiABS-Treasury to find our official division treasurer's account, transfer
funds to Mi-ABS, and write your order and name in the description. If you do
this, I will personally drop off your item(s) and perform a silly dance for
you!
3.	Accept the Challenge from Home: Not everyone attends seminar, and we
understand this. If you are one of these students that are not attending but
still want to get involved, there are a few ways to meet this challenge. You
can use the Venmo handle @MiABS-Treasury to send an order to Mi-ABS. We will
then contact you and figure out how to get your items shipped to you or
given to someone in your state affiliate that is present at the seminar.
Remember to encourage your affiliate members to support, even if you do not
plan to come to Washington Seminar.

The Prize: Aside from winning my friendship, which is a prize, there is a
prize for the person that supports the Mi-ABS challenge. The eighth NABS
member that supports the challenge in buying either a button or some cookies
in the next few weeks will be put in a drawing for consideration of our next
fundraiser, "For the Love of Michigan," where you will have a chance to win
a Valentine's Day spa basket for you or your significant other. We look
forward to getting you ready for the Mi-ABS challenge.  Have a great a
productive week.

Blessings

Robert E. Parsons Jr.

Board Member, Michigan Association of Blind Students

Phone: 804 801 7674

"Without struggle, there is no progress." -Frederick Douglas