[NABS-L] updates from ETS

Loew, Ruth C rloew at ETS.ORG
Tue Jul 9 19:11:47 UTC 2019

Hi, everyone.  I'm with the ETS office that deals with accommodations policies for our postsecondary tests - GRE, Praxis, and TOEFL.  I know many of you from about 15 years of attending NFB and NABS events, and I lurk on this listserv.  As I announced last night at the NABS meeting, I'm retiring from ETS in 2 weeks.  After July 26, emails to my ETS email address will bounce; they won't be forwarded.

My colleague Morgan Blisard will be taking over my position; however, she is currently out on maternity leave.  If you have questions about accommodations on the GRE, TOEFL, Praxis, or GACE tests, and you have already tried contacting Disability Services (stassd at ets.org<mailto:stassd at ets.org>), please contact Dr. Nora Pollard (npollard at ets.org<mailto:npollard at ets.org>) and Robert Plienis (rpleinis at ets.org<mailto:rpleinis at ets.org>).  They can guide you through the system, or refer you to someone else who can do so.

Thanks for all you've taught me and others from ETS.  Stay tuned for future announcements of usability studies for improved accessibility features on other ETS tests!  All the best,

Ruth C. Loew, Ph.D.
Assistant Director
Office of Disability Policy, ETS
Fax 609-683-2220