[NABS-L] Job Interview: Seeking Advice on Disclosing my Disability

Emmanuelle Lo singingemmanuelle at gmail.com
Fri Jul 26 19:18:47 UTC 2019

Hi everyone,

Hope you all are having a great summer.

I applied for a part time job at my college's library and just found out today that they want to do a phone interview. The application just consisted of a resume, so other than the fact that my work experience includes working at a camp for blind and visually impaired youth, I haven't yet disclosed my disability. Since it's not an in-person interview, my blindness won't be obvious unless it comes up during the interview. Do you have any suggestions for how/when I should handle disclosure? Any general job interview tips would also be appreciated, since this is really my first official job interview.

Thank you, and happy weekend!
Emmie