[NABS-L] Spatial Orientation Experiences

Mariya Vasileva mkvnfb94 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 30 00:08:53 UTC 2019

You can use the tactile maps from the American printing House to start building a spatial map. You could also use 3-D models or other tactile devices to put things together and figure out how they come together spacially. I will have to agree with many people that may put this point across, not all blind people think in words even if they were born blind from birth. If you think about it, it makes it a lot more complex to think that way because you are right, things change constantly. I wasn’t born blind, but that didn’t mean that when I went BLIND, I wasn’t able to visualize stuff and raise my spacial awareness. If you think about it, all the things that you interact with like shapes and other things as they are what they are, whether you feel them or see them. So however you interact with them, your mind stores those images away for later. So picturing it in your head, is no more different than holding it in your hands.

Sent from my iPhone