[NABS-L] Best way to access and create circuits for computer science classes

Edgar Lozano 1419goku at gmail.com
Thu Jun 27 15:19:05 UTC 2019

Hi Emily,

I recently graduated, and I took classes in Computer Science and
Electrical Engineering. The tool that I recommend is the Draftsman
from APH. My professors drew circuit schematics for me. I eventually
learned how to draw them on my own, and I demonstrated my work in that
fashion for homework assignments, quizzes, and tests. I also had to
become somewhat familiar with numbers, imaginary numbers, upper case
letters, and a few other raised print symbols because I never really
found a way to label my schematics in braille on the fly. Fortunately,
if the curriculum is only Computer Science, I don't believe complex
circuits are something that the student will have to worry about.
Also, I would request 1:1 time with my professors if there were
drawings that involved more than just the essential raised print
symbols I learned. Then, the professor would just emboss Braille
labels (since we had access to an embosser) and stick them on the
drawings for me to evaluate. The particular courses that might yield
some concern in Computer Science because of the drawings are courses
on Computer Architecture and Digital Logic. If it's a Computer Science
and Engineering curriculum, the student might have to worry more about
challenging circuit drawings. If it's a full-fledged electrical
Engineering curriculum, there will definitely have to be some planning
ahead for what might arise. Not only with circuit drawings, but also
with dealing with physical hardware. I hope this was somewhat helpful.

Edgar