[NABS-L] Blind and Low-Vision College Students needed for Research Study on the Lived Experiences of Blind College Students

Blake, Lou Ann LBlake at nfb.org
Fri Jun 28 17:05:50 UTC 2019

The below research participant solicitation is being provided for informational purposes only. The National Federation of the Blind has no involvement in this research, but we believe that it may contribute to our research mission.

Greetings,
My name is Josephine Grove. I am a student at the University of Phoenix pursuing a doctorate in Higher Education Administration.  I am conducting a study on challenges of blind and visually impaired college students enrolled in postsecondary institutions.  My goal is to gain a better understanding of how blind and visually impaired students navigate the challenges of college life, drawn from your lived experiences.

Are you:  blind or visually impaired for 3 or more years? Between the ages of 18 to 64? Have you taken 1 or more college classes either online or in person?  Are you willing to answer a few questions, by telephone interview, about your experiences for a research project aimed at improving the college experience and making it more successful?  Do you speak and write in English?  (The telephone interview will take 30 to 40 minutes.

If you answered yes to all of these questions, this is your opportunity to share challenges and obstacles you have experienced as a blind or visually impaired college student. Your participation will involve a30 to 40 minute telephone interview with the researcher, Jo Grove, who is a visually impaired college student. All personal information such as your name will be kept strictly confidential in compliance with a signed informed consent agreement.
If you are interested in volunteering or have questions, please send an email to Jo Grove at jogrove at email.phoenix.edu<mailto:jogrove at email.phoenix.edu> with subject line, Volunteer. Or call 314.320.5957
Many thanks and I hope to hear from you soon! Jo Grove

Lou Ann Blake, J.D.
Deputy Executive Director, Blindness Initiatives
200 East Wells Street, Baltimore, MD 21230
(410) 659-9314, extension 2221 | lblake at nfb.org<mailto:lblake at nfb.org>

[National Federation of the Blind]<https://nfb.org/>

                         [Facebook] <http://www.facebook.com/nationalfederationoftheblind>     [Twitter] <https://twitter.com/NFB_Voice>     [Youtube] <https://www.youtube.com/NationsBlind>

The National Federation of the Blind is a community of members and friends who believe in the hopes and dreams of the nation's blind. Every day we work together to help blind people live the lives they want.

Disclaimer