[NABS-L] Pearson Publishing

Justin Heard braillemasterjustin at gmail.com
Tue Mar 5 20:58:45 UTC 2019

That’s a particularly loaded question. I have experiences with MyMathLab and MyStatLab. Both are a little more than halfway accessible to the blind. The graphing tool is entirely inaccessible. Some graphs are described and others are not. Any equation symbols that cannot be entered through a regular keyboard have to be copied and pasted from the internet. In short, I would not recommend any student taking a course using those products without a physical textbook, and a professor willing to use graphs and problems from the book for homework and assessments. If that is not an option, the student will at the very least need someone with math knowledge to read online problems and describe graphs.
Honestly, it would be preferable that the college not use those products at all since there is not equal access for all students.

Sent from my iPhone