[NABS-L] Restaurant Fundraiser Update

Trisha Kulkarni trishak.nfb at gmail.com
Sun May 5 21:59:39 UTC 2019

Dear Nabsters,
It is your favorite fundraising committee here with the scoop on our training center fundraisers. As a quick re-cap, we are creating some friendly competition among the student representatives from Colorado, Louisiana, and Blind Inc. to see who can raise the most money for NABS through local restaurant take-overs. The dates are set, and now we need you to get involved. If you live in the area or know people who do and want to see your center come out on top, make sure to help these students have a great turnout.

Our first event is quickly approaching. The Blind Inc. fundraiser will be tomorrow May 6 from 5:00 to 9:00 PM at the Chipotle on 800 Washington Ave SE in Minneapolis. Go to https://socialportal.chipotle.com/fundraiser/social/public/portal/Vr3UyhonfXHbACKksEhQdxmPcHD4hy1kxR4GaYc0Zds5lHd06pIaNplbW91Wm1wd38bPf02nR9c7ZnAH4yrXGFdsAaTLUcb9L0Bq77vLbEQUDtl7GflfKDsNO7RDoQPQ/520190506172 for more information.

Next up we have the Colorado fundraiser happening on May 9 at the Chili’s at 8450 West Cross Dr. in Littleton. A flyer will be coming at you very soon with the specific times, but if you live in the area, please mark your calendar for this Thursday night at Chili’s.

Last but certainly not least we have our fine folks at the Louisiana Center who have chosen to hold their event at a local favorite for the people of Ruston. There event will be for lunch and dinner hours at Ponchatoulas, 109 E. Park Ave, Ruston, LA 71270 on May 13. Additionally, their sister restaurant Log Cabin has also offered to sponsor NABS next Monday. Although we are not counting these profits toward the competition, if you still want to eat at Log Cabin, be sure to mention NABS so we can receive a portion of the profits. That address is 11906 Farmerville Hwy, Ruston, LA 71270. Also see the attached flyer for more information.

A huge thank you to Chloe Wu from Blind Inc., Shawn Abraham and Rudy Frausto from Colorado, and Tim Olukanni and Ahbee Orton from Louisiana for making these events possible. We could not do what we do without our awesome students.

Best,
Trisha

Trisha Kulkarni
Stanford University | Class of 2022
2nd Vice President | California Association of Blind Students
Co-Chair | National Association of Blind Students Fundraising Committee
A Proud Division of the National Federation of the Blind
 937.361.2363
trishak.nfb at gmail.com