[NABS-L] Job seekers

Littlefield, Tyler tyler at tysdomain.com
Thu May 16 17:50:25 UTC 2019

Hello:
Part of working with any company is dealing with accessibility issues
and working on fixing them. This happens with every company I've worked
with, regardless of the company and/or size. I also think it's important
that we step back and understand what discrimenation is, because I would
argue that lack of accessibility is not discrimenation based on how it
was handled. For instance, did you specifically ask for an accommodation
or propose solutions for said accommodation?

I would warn you to be careful how and what you do on the internet.
Linkedin is a very important place for recruitment, and trashing a huge
company because they were not accessible without more background
information is going to raise flags for any HR person.

I'm not saying you're wrong to be upset; I'm not even saying that you
weren't actually discrimenated against. What I am trying to convey
however, is the point that one company isn't going to make or break you,
and you have a lot of tools in your toolbox before you shout
discrimination from the rooftops, and you should make use of them.
Beyond that, keep in mind your internet persona; your bad review on
Linkedin isn't going to hurt a company that size; the only person that
will be hurt as a result is you and only you, when future employers
and/or recruiters find your Linkedin. DO not use it like yelp.

--

Take Care,
Tyler Littlefield

Tyler Littlefield Consulting: website development and business
solutions. <http://tylerlittlefield.me> My personal site
<http://tysdomain.com> My Linkedin
<https://www.linkedin.com/in/ty-lerlittlefield> @Sorressean on Twitter
<http://twitter.com/sorressean>