[NABS-L] Medical Equipment

Gretchen Brown gretch99brown at gmail.com
Mon Nov 18 17:08:06 UTC 2019

Hello,  I am a first year student in my University's Occupational
Therapy Assistant program.  I was wondering if anyone has any
recommendations for purchasing medical equipment to use in clinic
settings. This would be things like bp monitors, scales, etc.  I
cannot read print, so they would have to speak. I was told by my
professors that the devices must have an earphone jack due to Hippa
regulations. I have gotten two bp monitors currently, but they don't
have an earphone jack. The speech is very loud, even if it is on the
lowest volume.  A lot of the products I have found are made for
personal use, and are not made for portability. I am a braille user,
so if there is a braille alternative to using speech output, this
would work as well. Thank you in advance, Gretchen Brown
Gretch99Brown at gmail.com